Answer: Latest version is 11.7, this might change in the future. Please check IBM site for all the updates.
62. Which version of DataStage are you working on now?
63. Have you worked on DataStage 9.1/11.5 version?
64. What are the new functionalities that you found on DataStage 9.1?
65. What are the new functionalities that you found on DataStage 11.3?
66. What is the difference between Server and Parallel jobs?
67. Have developed any complex server/parallel job till now? If yes, please explain the job design.
68. How can you generate a Sequence number using the Transformer stage?
69. What is the order of execution for Constraints, Loop variables, Stage variables, and Derivations in the Transformer stage?
70. Have you ever used looping in the transformer stage, what is the significance of the @ITERATION system variable?
71. What are the differences between the Switch stage and the Filter stage?
72. Can we abort the job directly from the Transformer stage?
73. Why we use collection methods? what are they?
74. How can we remove duplicate records without using the Remove Duplicates stage?
75. How can we remove duplicate records without using the Remove Duplicates and Sort stage?
76. How can we capture unique records that do not have duplicates?
77. How can we capture duplicate records?
78. What is the significance of executing command and user variables activity?
79. What is the count of Min and Max number of output links for a Copy Stage?
Answer: Minimum is zero. When no output link is specified, the copy stage acts as a sink and discards the data without any memory usage. Maximum, you can have any number of output links.
80. Job 1 writes the data into DS1 with A, B, C, D, E columns specified. Job 2 reads the data from the dataset and writes it into DB. Columns A, B, C are specified in the dataset columns in this job. But DB is using an insert— insert into table X (A,B,C,D) values( ?,?,?,?).Whether this insert will work or not? If yes how, as D is not specified in the dataset.?
Answer: By Checking the Run Time Column Propagation option in the Dataset.
You can practice the above questions and along with a few more by watching the below video: