CC_MSG_LEVEL is a environment variable in DataStage and you can set this at job level and mostly it will be helpful to debug the issue that you are facing with connectors in DataStage parallel jobs.
I was able to resolve the issue related to Greenplum connector in our DataStage tool by enabling this CC_MSG_LEVEL environment variable and identified that Greenplum connector is applying ROLLBACK at the end of transaction even though user is not issuing ROLLBACK command.
Set this environment variable to specify the minimum severity of the messages that the connector reports in the log file. At the default value of 3, informational messages and messages of a higher severity are reported to the log file.
The following table contains the valid values:
If you want to disable the usage of CC_MSG_LEVEL, you have to keep as CC_MSG_LEVEL=0.
Read also: DataStage Interview Questions-1
For example, to set the CC_MSG_LEVEL environment variable in the DataStage Designer, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the job and select Properties.
- On the Job Properties dialog, select the Parameters tab.
- Click the Add Environment Variable button.
- On the Choose environment variable dialog, click on the (New…) text at the top of the dialog.
- In the Create new environment variable dialog, enter “CC_MSG_LEVEL” into both the Name and Prompt fields, and click OK.
- In the Choose environment variable dialog, under the User Defined section, click on the newly created CC_MSG_LEVEL text. (This should add a row for CC_MSG_LEVEL to the table on the Parameters tab.)
- On the Job Properties dialog click OK.
- Compile the job
- Run the job from the Director and, when prompted, enter “1” for the value of CC_MSG_LEVEL.
The debugging/tracing information will appear in the DataStage Director log output.
Read below articles if you are interested:
- When should we use Sparse Lookup or Join in DataStage?
- DataStage Certification 000-421 Sample Questions and Answers
- DataStage Scenario Based Question – Separate Numbers and Alphabets
- Capture unmatched records from join in datastage